The quality of life depends not upon external development or material progress, but upon the inner development of peace and happiness. For example, in the past many Buddhists lived in poor and underdeveloped countries, but they were able to find pure, lasting happiness by practising what Buddha had taught.
We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our own minds.
If we integrate Buddha’s teachings into our daily life, we will be able to solve all our inner problems and attain a truly peaceful mind. Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible. If we first establish peace within our minds by training in spiritual paths, outer peace will come naturally; but if we do not, world peace will never be achieved, no matter how many people campaign for it.
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible. We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our own minds. We can send so-called ‘peacekeeping forces’ into areas of conflict, but peace cannot be imposed from the outside with guns. Only by creating peace within our own mind and helping others do the same can we hope to achieve peace in this world.
The New Kadampa Tradition – International Buddhist Union ~ Kadampa.org
Kadampa Buddhism is an international Buddhist tradition, presenting pure and authentic teachings in a manner suitable for the modern world.
Tharpa Publications International ~ Tharpa.com
- Books and audiobooks on Buddhism and meditation which offer something for everyone.
- Tharpa books are written by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the fully accomplished meditation master and internationally renowned teacher of Buddhism.
- Tharpa also publishes Buddhist Art and Buddhist Prayers.
All Tharpa profits are donated to the NKT-International Temples Project, a Nonprofit Buddhist Organization Building for World Peace.
Kadampa Festivals ~ kadampafestivals.org
More Buddhist Websites
- Living Meditation – simple meditations for everyday life ~ daily-meditations.com
- About Buddhism ~ aboutbuddhism.org
- About Buddha ~ aboutbuddha.org
- About Dharma ~ aboutdharma.org
- About Meditation ~ aboutmeditation.org
- About Tantra ~ about-tantra.org
- About Reincarnation ~ aboutreincarnation.org
- Anger Management Techniques ~ anger-management-techniques.org
- Find Happiness ~ findhappiness.org
- About Buddhists ~ aboutbuddhists.org
- How to Meditate ~ how-to-meditate.org
- Death and Dying ~ death-and-dying.org
- Dealing with Fear ~ dealingwithfear.org
- Find Peace of Mind ~ findpeaceofmind.org
- Learn Meditation Techniques ~ learn-meditation-techniques.org